You’ll notice a change to the format of the newsletter from this week.
I know everyone is busy, so I have been looking at how I can add the most value in the least reading time to help you move, feel and perform better.
I’d be super grateful for your feedback to help me to continue improving the information I provide you so you can take meaningful action to improve your health and move, feel and perform at your best.
Share your thoughts by replying to this email.
Three Ways to Move Better. Feel Better. Perform Better.
1. How to Navigate Grocery Shopping to Stay On-Track with Your Nutrition Goals
- Choose recipes/meals and foods in advance based on whole foods.
- Write a shopping list with everything you need before shopping (even online) – this helps avoid distractions.
- Shop online and only buy what you need – this is the best way of avoiding the psychological tricks they play in the shops to get you to buy all the junk you don’t need. But if you can’t shop online for any reason follow the next steps…
- Avoid shopping when hungry – your willpower is lower when you’re hungry.
- Avoid shopping at busy times – getting stuck is busy isles provides opportunity for the ‘special offers’ to catch your eye.
2. My Favourite Workout Shoes
For the past few years I have been wearing VIVOBAREFOOT shoes for all of my strength training workouts.
I also have a couple of other pairs that I wear outside of the gym day-to-day.
They’re designed to be wide, thin and flexible: as close to barefoot as possible.
They help to develop your foot’s natural strength and movement. Allowing you to feel the ground under your feet.
Cramming our feet in a modern shoe – cushioned, narrow and rigid – negates its natural strength and function.
Our feet are our foundation, they need to be strong and supple.
And they’re not only good for your feet, they’re ideal for strength training.
Not having big chunky soles, means they provide a good stable base which is especially important if you’re lifting heavy weights.
Running shoes are great for running, but VIVOBAREFOOT are the way forward when it come to any other training in my opinion.
3. Recipe of the Week
Here is a great idea for a healthy high-protein breakfast.
Avocado, Egg & Goat’s Cheese Toast
Nutritional Values For 1 Serving
- Calories: 278
- Protein: 13g
- Fats: 22g
- Carbs: 5g
Prep Time: 5 min – Cook Time: 5 min
For 4 serving(s)
- Egg, raw 4
- Bread, wholemeal or sour dough – Or gluten-free bread 4 slices
- Avocado raw 1
- Lemon juice (15 ml)
- Extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- Cheese from goat’s milk (100 g)
- Sesame seed (1 g) – Or other seeds
- Chive or spring onion to taste
- Pure sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Toast the bread, in the meantime remove the skin and stone of the avocado and cut it into thin slices.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, break the eggs and beat them. Add the goat cheese, coarsely crushed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Pour in the egg-goat mixture and, using a wooden spoon, stir constantly to form the scrambled eggs.
- Spread the scrambled eggs on your toast, arrange the avocado slices on top and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives.
If you are enjoying the RE:AL Performance Newsletter, please share it with your friends and family.
If you’ve received this newsletter from someone, simply click here to subscribe
Whenever you’re ready, RE:AL Performance one-to-one coaching plans can help you achieve your goals faster:
Click the button below to find out more about how RE:AL Performance Coaching can help you.